Just about a year ago, we had a new neighbour directly above our unit. Never did we know that that's the start of our nightmare. They are, what I call "The neighbour from hell!.
First of all, they like to leave their dog (I truely believe it's at least a middle size dog) out in the second balcony. And the dog barked like nobody business. We suspect that they put the dog in the balcony whenever they are not at home. And the barking will be go on for hours sometimes. We complained to the security through the intercom system a few times. Just exactly 1 year ago, they did the same thing and the dog was barking like mad on a Christmas day, at guess what time. It was freaking 7am! That's it. It was too much for me to take. I woke up, dressed and went to the guard office to complain. Yes, at freaking 7am on a Christmas day. The guard went up. After for like minutes after I got home, the dog was still barking. There was no way I could continue sleeping with the barking (the second balcony was right outside my room). So, I went down again and the guard said he couldn't hear anything when he went up to them. Then I told the guard to go into my house and listen for himself. So, he came in and heard the barking and said "Yea, kuat eh!".
I couldn't remember how long after that incident, we never heard of the barking anymore.
But don't be too happy yet. Soon (or maybe it was already happening), the stomping and the dragging of furniture was driving us crazy again. That happens anytime of the day, any day of the week. Especially when we are back from work, hoping to relax ourselves in the living room then the stomping and the dragging of furniture will start. It's like some big foot staying upstairs. It can be really irritating especially when you want to just have some peace at home.
Bryan even suggested we buy those "sticker thingy" for their furniture so it won't be so noisy when they drag their furniture. Hell, why should I spend on that from my own pocket. We just had to endure that. Still hopeful that we'll be immuned to those noise one day.
That sure is not going to happen. It's still bothering us and really, there's not much we can do about it. I started to surf for ways to deal with such neighbours from hell. Ways we can get back at them. I can't find anything on that. The only thing I can do is to slam my doors real hard when I hear those noise. I'm not even sure if that can be heard. Bryan also tried hit the ceiling with a bamboo stick to cause some noise to them.
Over the time, I think I manage to calm myself towards those noise. I won't say that I'm immuned, but I just tell myself to calm down. It's not worth making myself all worked up because of such horrible, inconsiderate neighbours. However, yesterday was more than I can take. The dragging of furniture was like for the whole day and it's like them trying to makeover their whole place. Bryan couldn't stand it and went upstairs to confront them. (Well, not really confront, but just to tell them to tone down). However, nothing he did helped. The dragging and stoping still continued.
We had no choice but to call the guard to get them to act since Bryan's trip up there did not change a thing. After like 15 minutes, the dragging still can be heard. Fucking hell. They were really trying to test our patience or what? So, Bryan called the guard again. And guess what? The guard went up to them after our first call, and guess what they said. "THE NOISE WERE FROM ONE FLOOR UP. (We are on the 5th, they are on the 6th and they blame the 7th for the noise). What do we always say about these people? KELING PUSING! How is it possible that the 7th floor dragging and stomping be heard at the 5th. It's just impossible and they have the guts to say that. So what now? Speechless loh.
Looks like the soft ways is not going to work with these kind of people. Looks like we have to take it into our own hands, with our own ways.
I've been searching from the internet for ways to deal with upstairs neighbour from hell but just couldn't find any. Any of you got any suggestions?
Monday, December 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment