Apparently the recent earth quake in Taiwan had quite an impact to the "world wide web" as The Star's front page for today reads "world wide wait".
That explains why the connection was so pathetic yesterday. I was made even sleepier by the wait.
As I was browsing The Star online this morning, I saw this article "Bloggers feeling deprived after access throttled". Then it hit me, it didn't affect me yesterday at all as I was "actively" blogging due to the sleepiness. So, I open the piece of news. First to comment was Joyce. Wait, I know Joyce! Well, not really know, know but I do read her blogs at times. So, she said it was getting to her because her information and contacts are online and she can't get her work done. This I sure can understand.
Then, we have this Johan who felt that one day of disruption (we are not even sure if it's a full one day ie 24 hours) made him feel disconnected from his fans and it has affected him emotionally. I was like WTF? Then, he said he blog like every five minutes. I asked myself, "WTH blogs every five minutes? Does he leave home at all so he can stay home to blog every 5 minutes? Or even when he's out say at shopping complex, is he constantly on his mobile device so he can still blog?" I can't comprehend.
Then, we have people who felt hopeless for not able to read friends' blogs. (This I can comprehend eventhough it sure won't get to me if I'm unable to read my favourite blogs).
Lastly, we have this twit who said she was planning to revert to paper and pen since she was unable to post her blogs online. "I feel wretched now because I have lots of pent-up feeling but unfortunately cannot write about them" she also said. Harlo! The connection sucks. But doesn't mean that the "power" to start the computer is distupted too. If writing, and not being to write down your feelings for that mere one day can make you feel wretched, why can't you just still "write" using any word processing software, then later copy and paste them to your blog? TWIT!
Thursday, December 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment