Monday, August 20, 2007

Merdeka Hunt, 18 Aug 2007

My maiden hunt. My team consist of Dennis, Zetty and Zura.

I was the driver of the day and Zetty being my navigator. Dennis is the official navigator but also known as the "Lost-navigator". So I insisted on Zetty.

Suppose to meet at 6.45am. Waited until 7am and no one turned up. So I sent SMS to everyone. Only Dennis returned my call and he just woke up then. Die. Registration is at 7am. Luckily we had one team member going there first to register us.

Along with the treasure hunt, there were best decorated and best dressed awards to be given. We definitely will not dress for it and I think we were the most under-decorated car. Erm, in fact, we didn't have any decorations at all.

It was fun. My navigator was good and since I'm driving, I don't have to crack my head to think of the answers (that's actually Bryan's advice to me. "Just drive, and no need to think". Then he also said "I think you all better just go for your breakfast and go jalan jalan after the flag off. When it's time, then only go back to the finish line" :(. Celaka the fella. No confidence in us. Actually, we have thought of that too. But let's see how first...)

I think we did okay. Missing a few but that should be alright.

Then almost the end of the hunt, we noticed that this other car was following us for some distance already. Then Dennis was confident that they were leeching on us for directions. Since we were rather bored already, we decided to play a small joke on that team. We acted as though we missed one junction and stopped at the side of the road. Then immediately the team behind put on their indicator and turned. We were laughing our hearts out! Then we continued.

For those who didn't know. I'm the President of the company's Sports Club. The best thing is I had to give my speech on that day. I almost forgot about it until we went into the ballroom for lunch. Damn. Talk about what wor? At most thank people only mar. ~Sigh..

I feel lucky with this company. The first prize I've even won from any contest in my whole life was when I first joined the company. And best of all, I won the very electrical item I've wanting to buy for the longest time (a cake mixer). That day, I won another lucky draw.

Ada ke I had to give away prizes too. Kononlah the Ms. President. By that time, I was on the stage for three times already. Glamour!

Then....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.















Yes, my team WON!

How unexpectedly....

p/s: Yes, I know pictures speak a thousand words. I remember specifically to charge my camera battery two nights before. Took it off the charger when the indicator turned green. But after exactly 2 shots, the battery went flat. Can't even be started. How could it be? I swear the indicator was green....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eh being the Ms President, did you by any chance know all the answers already before the hunt?

Anyway, congratulations Ms Glamour. Btw, what is the 1st prize?

ni said...

Eh, dun simply say hor. Besides the hunt was not organised by us. It's organised by the club of a sister company.

It is a juice extractor. Nothing too exciting but the good thing is I don't have one yet.

:)