A friend told me that the blog I wrote just before the CNY sounded depressing. Well, I would not use the word "depress" but I sure wasn't looking forward to it. Today, the 10th day of the lunar calendar, my CNY was not that bad afterall.
The worst that happened was the longest queue I've ever waited in my life. Happened on our way back to KL from M'cca on the day with the worst traffic expected, Tuesday. Thinking of saving some travelling time, I didn't ask for a stop when I see the first rest area. When passing, I saw it wasn't so bad. The next one was more than an hour after which we also travelled 10+km in an hour. Thinking "Better be safe than sorry. What if the journey ahead is like the past one hour? The next rest area is another 30km". So, I asked Bryan to stop at the next rest area. He wasn't too happy. Said it's going to be congested. Then I told him that for the past on hour, we only managed to do 10+km. The next one is 30km. "Tell me what to do". Ha Ha. How wor? Stop also sien, don't stop also cannot. So, he stopped and I had to walk about 50m to the rest rooms and the traffic is not moving in front. So I walked. When I was approaching the rest rooms, I saw two long lines. Both to the "ladies". Damn. The longest queue I've attempted, worse of all, I've got no choice. So,there I was, queueing. While queueing, I was looking around for bushes thinking I could skip the queue. HA HA. Do you think that's possible? Of course not! Everywhere, every corner around the rest area is not even near secluded. Boh pien. Had to queue. Longest queue ever in my life!
**************
As mentioned, the CNY turned out not as bad as I expected. Most of the time spent travelling. On the eve, we left KL for M'cca around noon. Bad traffic expected and we only arrived M'cca after 4pm. B's mom was waiting for us for the prayer. Food was cooked, don't since what time. It is this time, and only this, that his mom will cook. Steam fish (plain except with water. How can anyone steam fish without even the ginger?), mixed vege, roast chicken and pork (got from Wilson Chicken Rice). After praying, it's our turn to "enjoy" the food. Damn, she got the microwave for months now and dare to say don't know how to use. When asked what she did with the microwave, she said cooked maggie and heat up takeaways. WTF?!!?!? Then B asked me to teach her and I can't be bothered and just went ahead with heating those food up. HAHA. I dared not touch the fish and I think B also didn't touch the fish. Only she was eating the fish and she wanted to keep the leftover and I asked, "Who's going to eat?" ahahhahahahahah. She probably got the hint!
Then, we went to the temple to pay respect to B's late dad. (Or did we? I think we did lar). Nothing much happened at the temple and we went to B's grandma's after that. Saw Unlce Ronnie there but without Jackie. So, we asked about Jackie and apparently she was going somewhere with the family and therefore didn't go back M'cca. Wah, then you know what B's mom said "Married already where can go holidays with the family during new year? Must come back first lar?" Wah, WTF? KNNCCB! Nevermind for now. None of my business.
Then we went to Chong's house for some gambling. My god! The whole house is full of antiques/claywares. You can't even take big steps in the house. Had to walk with caution and the hands are not to swing around. (A bit exaggerated but almost as bad lar). The most filled house I've ever seen.
First thing we did on the first day of CNY was to pay respect to "uncle". Should have brount my camera along and show you the food that was brought for the prayers. The hall was full with food. After the first temple, we went to another temple where B's auntie's staying. Then, we are to proceed to grandma's place again. And guess what this time. On our way to grandma's, the mom said she got not enough oranges. Had to go buy more oranges. Nabeh! It's the first day of new year. Where to find oranges wor. The best part is, we haven't even visited anyone alive! Pattern number one! I kept quiet. I'm not driving and I don't need to go find so just keep quiet. Take it as joyride loh.
We left M'cca for JB that day. Arrived JB about 7pm. Had dinner, went to visit my grandma, went home for little gambling and hit the bed. Second day, we went shopping at Tebrau City. Not bad a place. Somemore got Itallianis there. Too bad we didn't have too much time cos leaving for M'cca again.
Arrived M'cca after 6pm, went to Dataran Pahlawan (lousy place) and then B's grandma's for dinner.
Next day, B's grandma's birthday lunch, left for KL about 4pm and got home after 8pm.
That's it for this year's CNY!
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
wahahhahah so funny & intresting CNY this year , im so lucky no need to go back for our CNY ... whahahahha
hmmm interesting fren u hv for expressing the depression he went truh reading ur post ;-)
jason: haha. guess the interesting was depress too cos he had to work throughout the CNY!
Post a Comment